Easy steps to remove tarnish at home:
- You will need a small glass bowl, baking soda, piece of tin foil, and warm water.
- Put the piece of tin foil in the bottom of the glass bowl.
- Place 1-2 table spoons of baking soda on top of the foil.
- Fill with hot tap water and place your sterling on top of the foil.
- Your sterling should begin to have air bubbles coming off it.
- Wait 5 – 10 minutes or until there are no bubbles on the sterling piece
- Remove from solution and rinse.
- Dry the silver very well before storage to prevent water stains (try using a hair dryer on low).